KUALA LUMPUR, 7 OCTOBER 2022 – From now until 31 October 2022, Pavilion Bukit Jalil presents ‘Deepavali Harmoni’, a festival welcoming shoppers to celebrate the Festival of Lights, showcasing vibrant and colourful kolams, exciting festivities, performances and fashion show alongside harmonious shopping redemptions and more.
From the breathtakingly beautiful lotus-inspired 3D Kolam at Main Entrance, Level 3 to picture perfect and Insta-worthy Kolam featuring a majestic 15-foot-tall Giant Peacock showcasing a gorgeous 20ft x 30ft kolam tail at Level 5, Pink Zone – shoppers are greeted with vibrant and intricate kolams designed by Kolam Master Ruben Prakash.
Reinforcing its positioning as an epicenter of exciting events and festivals, shoppers can also explore vibrant community kolams at the malls Bukit Jalil Entrance, Level 2 and PIAZZA Entrance, Level 3. Completed over a course of 2 days by over 100 students of the INTI Centre of Art & Design (ICAD), this collaboration is part of the mall’s continuous initiative to nurture creativity amongst students while providing a platform for them to showcase their work.
To kick off the festivities, Pavilion Bukit Jalil hosted a Deepavali Celebration and Lighting Ceremony with Pavilion Bukit Jalil’s Management, various community leaders, members Malaysia’s Tourist Guides, tenants and over 80 students from Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Tamil) Ladang Bukit Jalil. The event saw the different members of the community coming together to launch the ‘Deepavali Harmoni’ festivities in an event filled with vibrant colours as people donned their traditional Indian attire, music, dancing and art.
HARMONIOUS SHOPPING & REWARDS
Shoppers looking to channel their inner Bollywood star this Deepavali can drop by at the newly opened and first in Malaysia Yeshan Sarees, Level 2 (Pink Zone) for a wide range of ethnic Indian wear, including authentic Banarasi sarees, kurtas, lehengas and a handmade, custom-made wedding collection.
From now until 30 October, shoppers can also redeem limited-edition festive gifts such as
- Ceramic Mugs – with a minimum spend of RM 100
- Scented Candles – with a minimum spend of RM 200
- Oval Ceramic Plates – with a minimum spend of RM 300
As a community centric mall, Pavilion Bukit Jalil is also hosting a variety of events for shoppers to enjoy:
- An enthralling performance from the classical Bharatanatyam dance group ‘Jewels of Sadir’ on the 9 October from 2.00 – 2.30pm at the Level 2, Orange Zone.
- Shoppers can also expect a Diwali Fashion Show by MOVEkids on 16 October from 2.00pm – 2.30pm, featuring 17 kids showcasing traditional Indian attire.
- Additionally, there will also be a Deepavali Dance Show featuring a massive dance troupe of 500 people on 19 October from 4.00pm – 5.00pm.
For more information on the various Deepavali activities, visit www.pavilion-bukitjalil.com, check for real-time updates via Facebook, Instagram, or contact Customer Service at 03 8092 8833.