International Brand Introduces New Offerings Inspired By Authentic Ethnic Flavours
KUALA LUMPUR, 4 May 2016 – Hard Rock Cafe is heading south of the border for its latest menu innovation to offer a fiesta of fiery food! The international brand is turning things up a notch and paying homage to classic Mexican cuisine and cocktails with its signature flair as part of the new Taste of Mexico menu. Beginning Monday, 2 May 2016, the limited-time menu will be available at participating Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations across North, Central and South America, as well as Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
As part of the Taste of Mexico menu, Hard Rock developed a variety of new food and beverage options which will be available at each cafe. The menu includes tacos, quesadillas and vegetarian dishes, all of which incorporate traditional Mexican-inspired flavours. The new menu offerings will also be paired with the Mezcal Cocktail Tour, a selection of adult drinks made with Mezcal from Mexico and served with a Hard Rock twist.
“Hard Rock Cafe’s guests expect bold flavours and unique dining options, which is why we wanted to embrace ethnic and flavour-forward cuisine as part of the Taste of Mexico,” said Antonio Bautista, SVP of Franchise Cafe Development & Operations for Hard Rock International. “The addition of the new menu items reflects the brand’s commitment to satisfying our customer’s ever-evolving taste profiles and providing an authentic dining experience that guests can’t find anywhere else.”
Hard Rock Cafe’s Taste of Mexico menu will feature fresh and cutting-edge dishes, including:
· Yucatán Style Shrimp Ceviche – features steamed shrimp with lime, orange, avocado and cucumber served with yellow corn chips
· Crispy Shrimp with Aji Amarillo Sauce – features Panko breaded shrimp topped with fresh cheese, spicy pecans, cilantro, green onions and feta cheese drizzled with a zesty yellow chili sauce
· Grilled Shrimp with Mexican Street Corn Salad – features achiote grilled shrimp with black beans, topped with pico de gallo, avocado, jalapenos and roasted corn served over spring mix and tossed with a chili orange vinaigrette and a drizzle with yellow chili pepper
· Fiesta Chicken Quesadillas – features shredded chipotle chicken served with grilled pineapple, feta cheese, fresh cheese, spicy sauce and a side of sour cream, guacamole and spicy sauce
· Smoky Chicken Tinga Tacos – features shredded chipotle chicken served with tomatillo salsa, feta cheese, yellow chili pepper sauce, tomato salsa and spicy sauce
· Assorted Mexican Street Tacos – features a choice of barbacoa, southwest pulled chicken or shrimp street-style tacos served in white corn or flour tortillas and topped with shredded lettuce, feta cheese, picante sauce and sour cream
· Vegetarian Tacos* – served with sweet potato, quinoa, pico de gallo, parmesan cheese, tomato salsa, feta cheese and sour cream
The Taste of Mexico menu will be perfectly paired with the Mezcal Cocktail Tour, which showcases adult drinks created with Mezcal, an agave-based distillate made through an ancient process over 500 years old. Featured cocktail offerings include:
· Troublemaker – features Mezcal mixed with Chipotle Pineapple syrup, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, muddled jalapeno rings
· Diablo – features Mezcal mixed with muddled cucumber, agave, mango puree, lime juice and topped
with ginger beer. Served with a candied ginger and cucumber twist.
· Amigo – features Mezcal mixed with BOLS Maraschino liqueur, blueberry, orgeat, lime juice and garnished with cherries.
Guests can stop by Hard Rock Cafe franchise locations to try out the latest Taste of Mexico menu items or visit www.hardrock.com for more information.